Ann Mehl is an Executive Coach based in New York City. She coaches, speaks and writes about how to successfully navigate the ever-changing world of work. With nearly 20 years of corporate experience working for Fortune 500 companies including Citigroup, Andersen Consulting and many start-up companies, Ann brings a wealth of knowledge to her coaching clients. During the 1990s tech boom in New York, she was one of the most successful recruiters in NYC. Her move into the field of coaching was a natural extension of this work.
Since becoming certified in 2005, Ann has coached men and women from all walks of life. Some are CEOs in their first round of fundraising, while others are seasoned executives looking to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ann’s focus is on behavioral change, enhanced communication skills and performance improvement. She is a graduate of Boston College, with a B.Sc. from the Carroll School of Management.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- CEO of an international tech security company focused on building out his executive team. Led 3-day offsite for executive members including team-building exercises, experiential learning and communication workshops.
- Founder of a brand-leader in the home improvement space. Conducted full 360 reviews on the senior team, and provided CEO counsel during organizational growth phase.
- Supported Senior Investment Manager at a British multinational Asset Management firm with cultural adjustments and communication training.
- Senior Customer Service Team in a high-growth online retailer, facilitated communication workshops using the HBDI tool including follow on one-on-one coaching engagements for high potentials.
- Founder and President of an international beverage company, prepared for pending merger, including negotiation strategy and best practices for the transition.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science, Carroll School of Management- Boston College
- Certified Coach through LPI, ACSTH through ICF
- Certified Career Invention Coach
- Trained in the Results Coaching “Quiet Leadership Model”
- Certified HBDI Facilitator
- Corporate Athlete Graduate through the Human Performance Institute
- Certified as a Non-Violent Communication (NVC) Trainer
Ann has an engaging, friendly and authentic style of coaching, based on her many years of working with people in transition. She is passionate about helping individuals narrow the gap between where they are and where they strive to be. At its best, successful coaching is a “partnership,” and Ann has many longstanding partners and very happy clients.
As an athlete, she has run over 50 marathons worldwide, her favorite races being in Washington D.C. and Dublin. She is the mother to a young boy, which has been the most humbling and rewarding journey of her life. Her goal is to help people recognize and realize their full potential, both in life and in work.