How we select our coaches
We are committed to finding exceptional coaches to serve our clients globally. Within this, we have a detailed recruitment process, which matches the talents, experience, background and personality of the coach with the specific standards required to be an Inside Us ® coach.
We are extremely selective about the people we choose. This is a key element of why clients choose to work with us, irrespective of location.
All of our executive coaches bring a strong mix of business experience, organizational savvy, behavioral expertise and self-development to their coaching. We look for coaches who have a combination of the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of business leadership, preferably leading to executive level in a successful firm.
- Formal education in business and/or the behavioral sciences and completion of a rigorous coach training program that requires a combination of substantial classroom work, supervised coaching of clients, personal development work, and a performance assessment leading to certification. Such a program should be accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Strong evidence of drive, self-awareness, intuition and humility, as well as an interest in continued learning and personal development.
To identify coaches who meet these criteria and are a strong match for the needs of our clients, we use a rigorous selection process that includes:
- A comprehensive screening application to understand the depth and breadth of coaching experience, motivation to coach, approach to coaching and corporate acumen.
- Panel interviews between senior members of Inside Us ® and the coach candidate to further explore their skills and experience fit with Inside Us ® and the clients we serve.
- Interviews with the coach’s current or recent clients to understand the experience and impact of working with the candidate coach.
- Observation of coaching skills with simulated cases.
- Selective ongoing monitoring of engagement impact and client satisfaction.